Eating: Baked chicken and yellow rice
Drinking: Dr. Pepper
So the gist of the game seems to be:
A. Choose 12 of your original characters/people/animals. Write them all down in a numbered list, maybe share a detail or two about that creation.
B. Answer the questions!
Quick and painless, right? We'll see!
Think I'll use all Used Books characters. I have other stories, but the characters aren't so well-defined. -- UB has over 700 pages, so I know them better...
(Disclaimer: Inclusion is no guarantee of survival or freedom. Some of these characters have skirted death/arrest before and likely will skirt or meet it again.)
1. Kaida Shibata - 34. Mild-mannered book store owner ... with a large collection of weapons and perfect aim.
2. Yuki Ohtani - 28. Clumsy karate master and powerhouse with a strong libido and often absent-minded
3. Seiko Toriumi - 24. Multiple PhDs and MD. Orphaned as a child. Enjoys problem solving and helping people.
4. Tristan Verona - 27. Wannabe thief and hopeless romantic. Always attempting to be a suave adventurer but too clumsy and shy to succeed.
5. Alex Harding - 18. Upbeat and energetic youth from a wealthy family. Trustworthy and willing to do anything for family or friends.
6. Fudo Shibata - 39. Former assassin and infamous serial killer. Out for revenge on Kaida and anyone else he can blame for his crappy life.
7. Mike Thompson Jr. - 19. Son of an assassinated politician and former accomplice to Fudo. Mike has a temper but is mostly well-meaning and has managed to redeem himself and win people's trust.
8. Celes - Former race car driver turned getaway driver; now a fugitive. A terribly paranoid woman slow to trust anyone.
9. Toyo Natsuki - Just released after spending 5 years in prison for safe cracking. A jovial man who always brings a smile to his friends.
10. Brad Lane - A cop more interested in catching "bad guys" than upholding the law. A playful guy who is good at his job -- when he wants to be.
11. Raidon Yamamura - An exceptionally wealthy man who was "boss" to the assassin branch of a former crime syndicate.
12. Merideth Neace - Business associate to Raidon and known to be especially vicious. Her main duty was keeping assassins in line (or taking them out).
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11?
I'm gonna have to say Raidon. He has more patience and is more authoritative. Fudo could threaten, but Raidon has the necessary glare. Raidon also has the wardrobe.
2. Do you think #2 is hot? How hot?
Definitely. She thinks she's hot too. "Hotness" is one of her main attributes. She likes to expose skin and dresses more revealingly than anyone around her.
3. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Oh dear... Merideth should know Celes well enough not to send her anywhere that requires a lot of courage. It would be definitely illegal or part of something illegal... Maybe dropping off a bomb somewhere or taking pictures/surveillance for a hit.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Toyo would probably enjoy things like Lord of the Rings or Wizard of Oz.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Sheesh. Could there be any more unlikely scenario?! I guess Fudo might swear it if there was something going on he REALLY cared about -- but he wouldn't let her know.
6. For whatever reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should 5 share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
Both are excellent choices, but I'd have to say Toyo. Brad sorta needs maintain a bachelor pad for the sake of pursuing his "true love." Toyo has an affinity for kids. He and Alex would get along great.
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Holy crap! That's a dangerous dinner! If Mike chooses it will be some place well-lit with lots of witnesses. If Merideth chooses, it'd be her house. Assuming the former, it would be an evening of awkward silence. Mike would go to the restroom halfway through and not return. The ladies would say nothing until Yuki got drunk, started rambling, and passed out.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Brad and Seiko dueling... Brad and Seiko dueling? Um. Let's see... They're angry and set up a duel and them ... Brad wouldn't hit a lady and Seiko wouldn't hit at all since he's not hurting her, so I guess it's a draw.
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would 8 get it back?
She'd ask for it back? Celes could threaten to go to the police. Kaida would just laugh and say "yeah right" but give it back anyway. (Seriously, though, Kaida doesn't steal things, especially not from friends.)
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Kaida's in trouble so Tristan helps her ... or vice versa (then Kaida denies helping him and tells him to go away).
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I think we'd get along okay, but if Mike went all emo, I'd give him some cake and tell him to shut up and relax.
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
I'd ask Seiko to help me find the dicks who robbed my house.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw anything regarding 11?
I don't think so. Raidon doesn't have many fans.
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Yuki would choose Alex over Tristan because Alex is a law-abiding citizen and Tristan tries not to be.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
I honestly don't know. I'm not very well-versed in songs.
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
The waiter. No one at the table is left alive. -_-
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
"Now's good." ^_~
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Alex arrested... Probably accomplice to something. He hangs out with questionable people and does pretty much anything they ask.
21. What is 6's secret?
He's not quite as badass as people think.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Raidon wins a footrace since Toyo is hefty. If they are in cars, Toyo might win but he probably wouldn't be able to stop ... if you catch my drift.
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Well, Mike would probably be at least lightly armed, but he also has horrible luck and a lot of enemies. Celes has fewer enemies but she looks like a "victim" (pretty lady). However, she has experience with ne'er-do-wells... Probably Celes, but I'd be the "tough" one in either case.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Hang on... Filling in names here...
Kaida and Toyo reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Tristan's sinister secret organization. Raidon volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for Tristan. Meanwhile, Tristan has kidnapped Merideth in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Alex, they seek out Seiko, who gives them what they need to complete their quest.
"How Frustration Leads to Madness"
Seriously, something would have to have snapped in Tristan's head to make him any kind of villain... The idea of Merideth being kidnapped definitely amuses me -- though it wouldn't cause any surrender. Just part of the madness. I guess the boy really needs to get laid -- no reference to the last sentence. (NO! NONE! Stop thinking like that!)